2023 is slowly coming to an end. Looking back, I enjoyed it very much.
What went well:
- I joined Procuros as a Tech Lead in January. Although it's challenging, I enjoy it very much.
- I continued my weight-loss journey. I am now at 66 kgs. The lowest I've been. A significant drop from 95kgs.
- My wife and I celebrated our two-year wedding anniversary. I'm looking forward to many more years together.
- I had surgery to fix the deviated septum in my nose. Something which I always struggled with. There was also some minor aesthetic work done to it to ensure it looks and, more importantly, functions well.
- My wife and I bought a piece of land together in Mauritius. We're looking forward to building our dream home in 2024.
What could have been better:
- I should have managed my work-life balance better in some cases. It's not always easy and so far I've only managed to stop working when I fell physically sick this month.
- My wife and I travelled a little bit last year (within Europe) but we wanted to visit more cities and we didn't get around to it.
- 2023 felt like an extremely fast-paced year and I wish I had carved time to reflect more.
- I didn't read as much. Most of my time was dedicated to Procuros this year.
Goals for 2024:
- Ensure Procuros has an incredible year.
- Visit more cities within Europe.
- Start building our dream home in Mauritius.
- Manage priorities better in my day-to-day.
- Try daily journaling, write more and reflect more.
- Try to read more books.
- Try meditation.
- Stay healthy.